We are happy to announce that Tennis Funside are now open for business. Partnered with Sportystation, Tennis funside offers a refreshing approach to the game – making tennis accessible for all. Whatever your age, ability or background, we believe you should be given the opportunity to fulfil your full potential. We are accepting newbies, intermediate and advanced players too! Here is one of our guides for choosing the best tennis racquet for intermediate players.
It doesn’t matter whether this means you’re a potential Wimbledon star, a decent county player, or just want to play for fun – our objectives remain the same for everyone. The man behind this philosophy is Ash Griffin, himself a tennis coach with 20 years of experience.
Ash has been heavily involved with the LTA during this time, having worked as a Club Development Officer and a Tennis Development Manager for this nationally recognised organisation.
He has been involved in tennis at a national level and so understands the needs of both tennis as a sport and for every individual. Follow Ash on Twitter!
Ash’s current activities include:
- Managing the coaching programmes at Peppard, Woodland and Blewbury Tennis Clubs
- Delivering the LTA Level 1 and 2 coaching courses as a recognised centre with 1st 4 Sport.
- Supporting the development coaching programme at Greenacre Leisure in Newbury, Berkshire
- Delivering the LTA/Tennis Foundation Primary Schools teacher training course
- Delivering the LTA/Tennis Foundation Secondary Schools teacher training course
- Coach and Teacher Leadership Training
- Delivering the LTA Introduction to Disability Awareness Courses
- Delivering the LTA Safeguarding & Protecting Children workshops
- Delivering Secondary school workshops on behalf of Independent Coach Education Uk
- Lecturing at Oxford Brookes University
- Delivering Multi-skills workshops on behalf of Create Development Ltd
- Captain of the U14 Boys Oxfordshire County Cup Team
- Coaching a variety of players including nationally identified mini tennis players
- L.T.A Senior Performance Coach Award March 2010
- 1st 4 Sport Certificate in Internal Verification Practice
- (Ongoing)L.T.A Senior Club Coach Award Jan 2010
- Create Development Recognised Tutor Dec 2009
- 1st 4 Sport Introduction to Assessment Practice in Sport (IAPS) June 2009
- Sport England Club Mark Assessor December 2007
- L.T.A Certificate in Tutoring Skills (CTS) May 2007
- L.T.A Tennis Development Award (TDA) (Uncompleted) May 2005
- L.T.A Club Coaches Award (CCA) Dec 2003
- L.T.A Development Coaches Award (DCA) Dec 2000
- United States Professional Tennis Registry Pro (USPTR) Aug 1999
- L.T.A Elementary Coaches Award (ECA) July 1993
Ash’s experience in working within tennis clubs is also significant, having worked as the Junior Coordinator for a large commercial club, launching and running a large community tennis programme and working as Head Coach at a large members’ club.
His work with the LTA involved developing national strategies at a county level and he understands the needs of clubs, players and coaches in the tennis environment.
What people have said about Ash Taylor
“Having worked with, and known Ash Taylor for the last five years I’ve always been impressed with his professionalism and the passion for tennis he possesses and admired how he has used these attributes in all of his roles impacting on tennis. By doing so Ash has made, and will continue to make a real difference to British Tennis”. (George Gardiner, Partnership Development Manager Harlow School Sports Partnership, Former LTA Tennis Development Manager for Middlesex).
“I have known Ash Taylor for several years, Ash has been a big influence in my coaching career, and has helped me to grow the quality of the programme at my club. He has shown me how driven and passionate he is about helping clubs and players to develop. Ash is a Credit to British Tennis and to the growth of the sport”. (Ed Large, Head Coach at Witney & Lower Windrush Tennis Clubs Oxfordshire).”
“Ash was a colleague for 3-4 years and a great colleague he was too. He has a sound knowledge of the tennis business especially clubs, community tennis and mini tennis. He has always been incredibly helpful and I have always found his advice to be full of innovative and practical ideas. He will be fantastic value to any manager of a tennis programme wishing to develop it into a great programme”. (Sandi Procter, Former LTA Tennis Development Manager and previously LTA Mini Tennis Manager).
To find out more about Sportystation and Tennis Funside and what we can do for you, whether you’re a player, a tennis club or a coach yourself please email firstname.lastname@example.org